Charts > History
History Podcast Charts
Best History Podcasts: Episodes & Shows of February 01, 2021
Top History Episodes
With more than 30 million podcast episodes littering the internet, how will you ever find the perfect episode about history to invest your time into? To help save you time, we did the leg work and listed the top history podcast episodes for you. Whether they are amusing, informative, inspiring, or educational, we’ve highlighted the best and posted them below. How do we know they’re the ‘best’? Because our listeners voted on them. To find some gems is always a time saver for someone with little time to waste. Now all you got to do is select an episode that is unique to you and press play.
The list of the top 10 History episodes for February 2021 is compliled from Repod’s podcast app chart data. The list below is updated monthly, daily History charts can be found inside the app.
- 1"HIGHLY recommend American Coyote. By far my favorite new found show of the year. Excellent story telling, and just an insane story. The man the podcast focuses on, Elden Kidd, has truly lived an insane life. Although his life involves countless acts of crime, his personality and intentions are endearing and ultimately all he wanted was to help others and for life to be an adventure. Great show."
- 4"Aaron Mehnke never fails to impress me with his storytelling; he’s one of the few podcasters who can leave an audience both educated and bewitched by the tales he shares in each episode. This week’s episode of Lore touches on the history of magic and magicians - where it came from and how it’s shaped society today. I also loved the mentions of other cultures and how they approach magic."
- 6"I truly appreciate the focus on empathy and non-medical-professional support in this episode. I love the science and history that Sawbones brings to every episode, and this episode presents the perfect combo of how to bring both scientific research and general human understanding to a potentially volatile conversation."
- 8"American hero and true patriot Smedley Butler. Could you imagine if we learned about this in history class? Damn. "
- 9"Yay a new episode of Lore! This episode is about the folklore behind pets. Specifically, Aaron Mehnke dives into the history behind pets and magic and touches on some fascinating historical events along the way. While you’re listening to this episode, remember that Boy the dog was a rare hunting poodle - Aaron’s stories get funnier with that image in mind. "
- 10"I always learn something from this podcast"
Editors Choice: Top History Shows
Even within a popular history-related podcast, there may be shows that are more special than the others. Ones that capture the imagination, stir the heart, or perhaps tell such a compelling true story where listeners are moved. That podcast might have revealed something of impact and significance that you never thought of before or heard of anywhere else. Some of these historical stories might inspire you or give you a greater perspective into why things happened the way they did. When it comes to history, there’s always a reason why. And when it’s properly explained, it all makes more sense. You value history even more. Trust our listeners that these podcasts stand out from the others, as special and worthy of a listen. We’ve listed them for you and we’re sure you’ll enjoy these best history podcasts.
The list of the top 10 best History podcasts of 2021 is a compilation of the editor’s choice + collaboration with the Repod community.
Travis Osterhaus | February 01, 2021Are you tired of watching the news? Are you looking for an escape to another time? We have an excellent suggestion for you: history podcasts. Now we’re not talking about digging up those dusty books you dreaded reading in high school. Podcasts about history are stories narrated with style and passion. They’re tales that’ll fascinate and sweep you into, otherworldly times. You’d also be surprised to know, they’re not all about wars and revolutions. They come in many flavors. Whether the podcast is about ancient history to the 20th century, you will learn many interesting things about how history has shaped our present. There are thousands of historical topics out there to choose from. But how do you find the ones worth listening to? The Repod community has curated the best and most popular shows and episodes for you. These podcasts might teach you something or simply remind you to smile… sit back… and enjoy a moment from the past.