Charts > History
History Podcast Charts
Best History Podcasts: Episodes & Shows of October 01, 2022
Top History Episodes
With more than 30 million podcast episodes littering the internet, how will you ever find the perfect episode about history to invest your time into? To help save you time, we did the leg work and listed the top history podcast episodes for you. Whether they are amusing, informative, inspiring, or educational, we’ve highlighted the best and posted them below. How do we know they’re the ‘best’? Because our listeners voted on them. To find some gems is always a time saver for someone with little time to waste. Now all you got to do is select an episode that is unique to you and press play.
The list of the top 10 History episodes for October 2022 is compliled from Repod’s podcast app chart data. The list below is updated monthly, daily History charts can be found inside the app.
- 1"Unsolved mysteries always strike a middle ground between the creepy and curious, and the stories here are no exception. I haven’t heard of the Sarah Joe case, but it’s left me fascinated about what did happen. Also the final story is pretty disturbing. I wonder if there will ever be any progress on that case cause it is just down right unsettling the more you think on it. "
- 2"This is easily one of my favorite episodes of Ghostlore. Haunted Hospital stories already have a special flair of terror them, and Jared adds his unique blend of comedy and creepy to the mix. I also wanted to highlight the storytelling here because I loved it. With headphones on, it was a creepy, informative, and immersive experience."
- 3"I always love me some old war stories. "
- 4"I’m not usually a fan of UFO episodes but I do enjoy Uncle Jared’s storytelling. The guidance missile story does sound suspect. I think it’s an experimental weapon that the US probably couldn’t talk about or hint at without some form of acceptable risk. I appreciate how many odd things happen in Hawaii though, and this adds to the pile of reasons why the islands are paranormally fascinating. "
- 5"Solid advice as always. Just literally take a step back as Jocko suggests will change your perception on a given situation. But at nearly 2 hour long, of course there is more to it than that. "
- 6"For such an odd topic, it was a good episode to listen to. Corn itself has such a crazy history with the US, but hearing about the dark side of popcorn was enlightening. I also appreciate how Bailey contextualizes the holidays talked about here so we have some understanding of the attitudes towards these practices."
- 7"The futon story in this episode is FREAKY. That’s gonna stick with me. Also the diagram of the room’s layout on Instagram helped visualize all of the creepy happenings. Out of curiosity, Uncle Jared, have you considered recording yourself when you sleep? It might catch the teabagging ghost lol But overall, this was such a fun and creepy episode! I loved it!"
Editors Choice: Top History Shows
Even within a popular history-related podcast, there may be shows that are more special than the others. Ones that capture the imagination, stir the heart, or perhaps tell such a compelling true story where listeners are moved. That podcast might have revealed something of impact and significance that you never thought of before or heard of anywhere else. Some of these historical stories might inspire you or give you a greater perspective into why things happened the way they did. When it comes to history, there’s always a reason why. And when it’s properly explained, it all makes more sense. You value history even more. Trust our listeners that these podcasts stand out from the others, as special and worthy of a listen. We’ve listed them for you and we’re sure you’ll enjoy these best history podcasts.
The list of the top 10 best History podcasts of 2022 is a compilation of the editor’s choice + collaboration with the Repod community.
Travis Osterhaus | October 01, 2022Are you tired of watching the news? Are you looking for an escape to another time? We have an excellent suggestion for you: history podcasts. Now we’re not talking about digging up those dusty books you dreaded reading in high school. Podcasts about history are stories narrated with style and passion. They’re tales that’ll fascinate and sweep you into, otherworldly times. You’d also be surprised to know, they’re not all about wars and revolutions. They come in many flavors. Whether the podcast is about ancient history to the 20th century, you will learn many interesting things about how history has shaped our present. There are thousands of historical topics out there to choose from. But how do you find the ones worth listening to? The Repod community has curated the best and most popular shows and episodes for you. These podcasts might teach you something or simply remind you to smile… sit back… and enjoy a moment from the past.