Charts > True Crime
True Crime Podcast Charts
Best True Crime Podcasts: Episodes & Shows of January 01, 2021
Top True Crime Episodes
For those that love a good Dateline murder mystery, or heck, just want to hear a gripping tale, you can access some of the most captivating true crime and wrongful conviction stories via these fantastic episodes. Take a look at the most mysterious, murderous, and crime-filled tales as voted upon by the listeners.
The list of the top 10 True Crime episodes for January 2021 is compliled from Repod’s podcast app chart data. The list below is updated monthly, daily True Crime charts can be found inside the app.
- 1"HIGHLY recommend American Coyote. By far my favorite new found show of the year. Excellent story telling, and just an insane story. The man the podcast focuses on, Elden Kidd, has truly lived an insane life. Although his life involves countless acts of crime, his personality and intentions are endearing and ultimately all he wanted was to help others and for life to be an adventure. Great show."
- 2"Even though I listened to the entire Up and Vanished series on Tara Grinstead, this episode still mentioned some things I didn't know before. It still doesn't make any sense to be and I don't think we have the whole story. Small towns keep secrets. Crazy case - I definitely recommend this episode and Up and Vanished!"
- 3"This ep is an investigative journalistic piece on a for-profit kids treatment facility called Sequel that promises to help kids with behavior problems. Turns out they do the opposite. Abuse, improper restraints, poor conditions, and overall neglect of the kids. Some resolve at the end but Sequel still has 21 locations open. Makes you wonder how many more facilities are out there like this. "
- 7"A wild online affair leads to murder."
- 8"Listen to the first section of this two parter, but if you love true crime and Game of Thrones then this is the part you will enjoy. After the set up and background of the previous episode, the two princes in the London Tower became the center piece to a massive political plot made by their uncle. What happened to these two princes? Are they still alive? And what were the consequences? "
- 9"Lots of twists and turns in this one - I don't believe the wife was a victim here. She knew exactly what her new lover had planned and helped him kill her husband!! People like this who will do anything for money (impersonating an awarded veteran, murdering a friend) are so gross and scary!"
Editors Choice: Top True Crime Shows
A list of the best True Crime podcasts (shows) is surely an impossible task with so many amazing podcasts to follow. So, this is definitely not an all-encompassing True Crime list, instead we're showcasing some of the favorites that we've listened to over the years.
The list of the top 7 best True Crime podcasts of 2021 is a compilation of the editor’s choice + collaboration with the Repod community.
Katie Osterhaus | January 01, 2021When Serial (a podcast from the creators of This American Life) came out in 2014, audiences across all the nation were immediately hooked by the audio investigation of Hae Min Lee's 1999 murder. While criminal storytelling is not necessarily new, Serial was groundbreaking in that listeners could join the criminal investigation via a podcast format. Since Serial, True Crime podcasts have become our ultimate obsession. From the clues to the conspiracies, these podcasts draw us into the real life stories of scandal, corruption, evil and innocence. There are two typical types of True Crime podcasts: those that are ‘episodic’ and those that are ‘serialized’ (no pun intended). In an episodic format, each episode will tell a different crime-related story. So, you can start at any episode and get in your true crime fix. Serialized formats tell a story over multiple episodes. These are great for a plane or car ride when you can binge on multiple episodes at one time or, when you wish to hear a longer more complex story. So, without further delay, we've broken this article down into two sections: the best True Crime episodes of the month & the top True Crime shows to follow for ongoing listening.